RV Wholesalers sells hundreds of travel trailers and fifth wheels to our Canadian friends each year. As you go through our website, be aware that all prices are in U.S. Dollars, but please don't let the fact that there is a border between us keep you from saving thousands of dollars on your next RV.
Besides all pricing being in U.S. Dollars, we have compiled a list of items that you will need to take care of (with our help) in order to import your new RV into Canada. We Will provide you with all paperwork necessary to import your unit across the Canadian border.
- Recall Clearance Letter
This will allow you to pass the Federal Inspection.
- Purchase Order - Bill Of Sale.
- Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MCO)
- Once your new vehicle enters Canada, you will have 45 days for vehicle inspection and to complete any modifications that are needed.
Canadian Tire will perform all Federal Inspections as well as Provincial Inspections.
- RVW will supply this to you during our paperwork process
Taxes & Fees...
- All Canadian customers will pay $195 + GST. This is paid to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles.
- In addition to the RIV fee, the following taxes will apply:
Import To Additional Fees Nova Scotia 5% GST AND 8% HST New Brunswick 5% GST AND 8% HST Newfoundland and Labrador 5% GST AND 8% HST Quebec GST + QST
- All taxes and fees are the responsibility of customer.
How Does RV Wholesalers Handle Payment?...
- A deposit of $1000 is required for any purchase of a new unit with our company.
For our Canadian customers, this can be done with any major credit card.
All deposits are non-refundable.
- If a down payment is required, this may be paid with a cashier's check or wire transfer.
Wire transfer will require 7 business days prior to taking delivery of your unit.
Cashier's checks may be presented at time of delivery.
- Complete balance payments may be paid using the following methods ONLY:
- Wire transfer 7 business days prior to pick-up/delivery date.
- Canadian customers can pay by cashiers check but have to present that check during business hours so that RV Wholesalers can verify funds with the bank.
- Cashiers Checks Must Be Bank Issued, Personal Checks Stamped Certified Will Not Be Accepted.
Canadians having their units delivered will have to submit a wire transfer or send a copy of cashiers check before delivery for verification.